Caramel Cream Doughnuts
To make the Doughnuts:
- Add water, milk, flour, sugar, yeast, eggs and salt into the bowl of a stand mixer. Combine together with a paddle attachment for 5 minutes on a low-medium speed.
- Add in the softened butter 1 tbsp at a time and continue mixing for another 5-8 minutes until the dough is smooth and springs back when poked.
- Cover bowl with a clean, damp tea-towel and allow to rise for 1-2 hours, or until doubled in size.
- Once doubled in size, take it out of the bowl, and knock it back by kneading slightly. Add to a new, lightly oiled bowl covered with cling film and place in the fridge overnight to prove.
- Following day, weigh the dough and split evening into 65g mounds. Shape into balls and flatten very slightly. Place on a lined baking sheet and allow to rise again for 3-4 hours.
- Heat oil in a large pot to 180C using a thermometer.
- Place doughnuts into the oil, and fry each one each side for about 2-3 minutes. If doughnuts are browning too quickly lower temp.
- Carefully turn each doughnut over and fry again on the other side. Once fried, remove carefully and allow to cool.
To fill and ice the Donuts:
- Add Avonmore Caramel cream to a large piping bag fitted with a long plain nozzle. Pipe the Avonmore cream into the centre of doughnuts.
- Mix sifted icing sugar with cold water to form a smooth, thick consistency, remove 1/2 cup white icing and place in a small piping bag fitted with a small plain nozzle.
- Add 2 tbsp caramel sauce to icing in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Dip tops of doughnuts into the caramel icing, place on a wire tray and allow to chill in the fridge.
- Remove and drizzle tops of doughnuts with white icing and caramel sauce. Chill until set and serve.
For the Doughnuts:
- 75ml Water
- 75ml Avonmore full fat Milk
- 500g Strong White Bread Flour
- 75g Caster Sugar
- 14g Dried Active Yeast
- 4 large Eggs
- 1tsp Salt
- 125g Avonmore Unsalted Butter, softened
For the Topping and Filling:
- 1 tub Avonmore Caramel Cream
- 6 cups icing sugar, sifted
- Cold water to mix
- 1 jar Dulce de Leche or caramel sauce