Chocolate Christmas Pavlova with Avonmore Whipped Cream
Pre-heat the oven to 140c.
1. Line two baking trays with parchment and draw a 20 cm circle on each.
2. In an electric mixer whisk the egg whites on a low speed for 3 minutes until soft peaks form.
3. Add the sugar one tablespoon at a time keeping the mixer running, whisk for a few seconds between spoonfuls. Once all the sugar has been added whisk for 4 more minutes.
4. Add the vinegar and whisk for 2 more minutes.
5. Scoop half the mixture onto each baking sheet. Sift over 1 tbsp. cocoa on each and then using a spoon swirl the meringue out to the edges of the circle. Make one flatter for the base and one more domed for the top.
6. Put trays in the oven and immediately turn down the oven to 110c, bake for 2 ½ hours then turn off the oven and leave overnight.
7. To serve, whip the cream, put half on the bottom layer, crumble one flake and one crunchie on top. Do the same with the top layer then place on top of the base.
- 9 egg whites
- 660g caster sugar
- 1 ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 500 ml Avonmore fresh cream
- 2 x chocolate flakes
- 2 x chocolate crunchies